Monday, November 21, 2016

What Do You Do To Make Holiday Travel Easier?


I know… That’s a silly question. I figured I’d ask to see if there was anyone out there with suggestions to share to make traveling during Thanksgiving and Christmas for that matter, a little easier. I have a few that I’ll share. They’re not out of this world great ideas but I’ll share.

Steph’s Thanksgiving Travel Tips:


  1. Try and travel at odd hours. If we are headed out of town for the holidays we usually try to drive at night or very early in the morning. Thanksgiving is one of those holidays, in my family’s experience, that the traffic is usually horrific at all times but later in the evening seems to work best of us.
  2. If you have children MAKE SURE THEY’RE ELECTRONICS ARE CHARGED AND/OR THEY HAVE A CAR CHARGER. OH! And headphones.
  3. Dig deep and find whatever patience you have. Driving during the holidays can certainly test ones patience.
  4. More times than not, after I have everything all packed and ready to go I have this overwhelming feeling that I have forgotten something. Now I try and make a list and check it off as I go. If I forget something, there’s usually a store on our way if it is that important.
  5. This is the most important tip I have. Avoid distracted driving. Put the phone down. It’s not worth it. 

I do have one that I’d like to share that was not my idea. Property Casualty Insurers tweeted this:


Did you know that Farmers has a smartphone app that you can actually pull up your current ID card in case you do not remember to replace your expired one? How cool is that?! Modern technology can be great. Below is a link to a short YouTube video for a breakdown on what’s been recently added to the Farmers Mobile App. You can also call up to the office and I (Steph) will be happy to help walk you through the app. You can download the app through the Apple App Store or get it on Google Play.



Ok, now it’s your turn. Comment below with your ideas to make holiday travel a bit easier.

Have a great Thanksgiving and God bless you and your family.





No comments:

Post a Comment