Wednesday, July 1, 2015

If talking in movie quotes (or TV quotes) is wrong… Then I don’t want to be right!




How many of us use movie and TV show quotes in our everyday conversations? Think about it. I bet all of us use them, from Dirty Harry to Joey from Friends. You know what I’m talking about. 

I've set up a few situations below that a movie or TV show quote will fit perfectly into:
 
You’re on the road and someone is trying to cut you off… “Go ahead, make my day!” – Dirty Harry from Sudden Impact

Heading out the door for lunch, “I’ll be back.” – The Terminator

A greeting that has seemed to worked itself into everyday life, “How you doin’?” – Joey from Friends

I feel like I use this one more when I’m talking to my kids, “You’re killing me, Smalls…” –Ham from The Sandlot

You accomplish something so amazing that you end the conversation with, “It was Legend…. Wait for... DARY!!!” –Barney from How I Met Your Mother

Moments after you realize you were talking about one thing and mid conversation started another completely different conversation, “SQUIRREL!” – Dug the Talking Dog from Up

And no one can start a sentence with, “This one time…” without someone else saying, “at band camp…” – Michelle from American Pie
 
Am I right? And if you’re not saying them out loud, you have to be saying them in your head, especially “this one time… at band camp,”. I think that’s one of the most irresistible ones not to finish off…
 
Here are a few more oldies but goodies and a few from today:
“I pity the fool!” – Mr T.
“D’oh!” – Homer, The Simpsons
“No soup for you!” – Soup Nazi, Seinfeld
“Negative, Ghost Rider.” – Air Boss Johnson, Top Gun
“Earmuffs!” – Frank, Old School
“Run, Forrest! Run!”   - Forrest, Forrest Gump
“STELLA!!!” – Stanley, A Street Car Named Desire AND Elaine, Seinfeld (and if you’ve been to DeVivo Bros. in Keller, they have a ‘STELLA’ sandwich. You can’t ordered it without saying, “STELLA!” like Stanley or Elaine. Well… I guess you can but it’s not as fun.)
“You can’t handle the truth!” - Col. Jessup, A Few Good Men
“Alrighty then!” – Ace, Ace Ventura


Here are the offices personal favorites:
Eddie: “You’re killing me, Smalls!” Ham, The Sandlot
Donna: Besides finishing up the, "at band camp" quote, Donna's not much of quoter. She's loaded with all her own original quotes. 
Amanda: “Negative Johanson.” Highway, Heartbreak Ridge
Marti: "I'll be back." The Terminator
Candyce: “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” Johnny, Dirty Dancing
Lindsea: “Ya Nasty!” Raven, That’s so Raven
Brittany: “He touched the butt…” Tad, Finding Nemo
Steph: “I mean… You’re welcome.” Becca, Pitch Perfect 



There are so many more to choose from. What are your favorites? We encourage you to leave them in the comments! We would love to read them! 





Happy Movie/TV show quoting!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment